Indian Head Massage
A great therapy for relieving emotional and mental stress.
The massage usually can last between 25 – 45 minutes, and may or may not use certain oils in the hair and on the body. The massage starts at the upper back, the Indian Head masseuse begins by applying pressure to points that massages away knots and relax the muscles. The masseuse moves to the shoulders and upper arms to release areas of tension, and then onto the neck and head to release headache-causing blockages and to encourage better circulation of the cerebral fluid. The massage then progresses to the scalp, relaxing the entire head, encouraging circulation and stimulating hair growth. Lastly, the masseuse may choose to perform a gentle face massage that may relieve symptoms of sinusitis & headaches, and encourages good circulation and a glowing complexion.
An Indian Head Massage may prove beneficial by:
- Relieving built up tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain..
- Detoxifying the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Boosting overall immunity
- Improving circulation, which in turn increases energy levels.
- Promoting clarity and increased concentration.
- Soothes symptoms of asthma by calming the respiratory system.
- Relieves Mandibular Joint Tension.
- Increases muscle tone.
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis.
- Boosts cerebral spinal fluid circulation.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia.
An Indian Head massage may also improve overall mental health by:
- Relieving symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Providing relief from stress and promotes relaxation
- Improving concentration levels
- Renewing energy levels
- Increasing feelings of peace, calm and well being.
- Boosting memory capabilities