A range of therapies helping you to cope with family life with the new addition
- reduced incidence of post natal depression
- improve emotional & physical well-being
- promote lactation & easier breast feeding
- address aches & pains
- re balance hormones & menstrual cycle
- increase energy level
- help you to get back to sleep easier after disturb night
- weight loss
- plan and develop your post maternity career & return to work
- baby related therapies to aid baby with sleep, digestion, constipation, teething and bonding with parents
After the birth
Once baby is born we can offer Baby reflexology and Baby massage classes.
Tania will teach Mum & Dad how to use reflexology on baby to improve digestion, sleep and help with teething.
In many areas of the world mothers are taught massage by their midwives and they do this from birth. Soothing a baby with the softest of touch will instinctively build a loving bond. Vicki can teach parents the art of baby massage in a few simple sessions.
Research shows that babies who are touched in a relaxed loving manner become ill and cry less than those who are not.
Touching your baby teaches them about communication. Massage will help you establish non verbal skills that will enhances your early relationship and therefore build self-esteem and social ability.
Baby Massage is a simple method to reinforce the power of touch, increasing your baby’s feelings of safety and security. When you massage your baby it will help you understand their non verbal language and for you to develop the ability to listen to them. Which will help to build a happy and confident relationship that will last a life time.
The aim of the course is to;
- Enhance bonding
- Parents to gain confidence in handling their baby
- To enable parents to relieve Colic, Constipation, Digestive cramps, Growing Pain, Muscle Tension and Teething Discomfort.
- Improve sleep patterns
Post natal care for Mum
Mum can also benefit from either massage or reflexology to balance hormones, encouraging the menstrual cycle to return to normal. Help prevent postnatal depression and anxiety. Help with breast milk production, during a treatment, mother and baby tends to be calmer and more relaxed which can enhance bonding and successful breastfeeding, facilitating a more rapid ‘let down’ for milk flow improving feelings of general well-being.
Research has shown that reflexology is excellent for maintaining or increasing milk supply enhancing bonding and breastfeeding as well as helping to reduce the effects of post-natal depression.
The hypnotherapy sessions Mum had when pregnant also plays a part after the birth as studies have shown
- Reduced incidence of post-natal depression.
- Many mothers report that their babies are calmer and feed and sleep better due to their gentle passage into the world.
- Self-hypnosis and relaxation aid breast-feeding
- Your new tools can help you cope more easily with family life and get more easily back to sleep during any disturbed nights